- Views 1697
- Likes 2
kerala road tax Hiked bigger – This is to keep you informed that the Kerala Government has hiked the Road tax to 400 % to all the Tourist Vehicles and Insurance has been hiked up to 20 % and this is in effect from 01st April 2014 .This will have a big impact on transportation rates from now on. Its better you all keep in mind while quoting your future tours. Please go through the below facts on new taxation:
Cars upto 1500 CC: The hike is not much but you will have to pay tax for five years together whether its new or old car (Earlier you could pay this every year) Innova or similar vehicles with push back seats: Approx Rs 7000 per year but you will have to pay for 5 Years(Rs 35000) together(Earlier this was Rs 1040 for One year)
- Tempo Traveller with Push Back seats:Rs 12000 for Three Months.(Earlier this was Rs 3060 for Three Months)
- Large Coaches with Push Back seats:Rs 35000 for Three Months.(Earlier this was Rs 25000 for Three Months)
- You may note the hike is from 400 to 600 Per Cent and none of the transporter will be able to absorb the same.In addition to this there is a hike in Insurance premium upto 20%.
- Many cases were filed at High Court but no favorable verdicts or stays are being allowed as on date.
- However we will update you on the new rates shortly